Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Happy August!

August would seem much happier if it was just a bit cooler...a bit breezier and a bit less HUMID! I've had the AC running for days, just to get us *sane*... I wont go so far as to say comfortable.

Still no word on the dog across the street I offered to take. Its the first of the month, so I would assume the guy would be moved, but I'm pretty sure we still saw the dog and his vehicle there this morning... so maybe not? Who knows what, if anything, will happen with that. I did remember to buy dog food today though, which is good as we were getting low... and I was starting to be afraid that if I suddenly had a third mouth to feed I wouldn't have enough!

Jess and I went out today and did some errands.. got dog food... went to the storage unit and filled the van up with boxes... we went to home depot and picked up a few things, including some stain for my antique chairs I had stripped a while back. I'm trying to convince myself to go give the chairs a coat of stain... but I need to cool down from unloading the van first, I think!

I read on the news last night they caught that Jesse Imeson, about (ONLY!!) an hour from our house... glad he's been caught... I know last night while I was upstairs working and Jess was outside, I had a few minor panic attacks that I wouldn't be able to hear if anything was *wrong* and had to check out the window and make sure all was right with the world. And she's 18.5 years old for pity sakes! Guess old habits die hard. My hope for Imeson is that he'd get what he deserves, but since that won't happen here in Canada, I hope he at least gets to rot in prison for a very long time.

Well maybe I'll make a start on the furniture staining by at least bringing the chairs downstairs ;)

1 comment:

TRAFN8R said...

I think you did enough work in that heat!!

I'm glad they caught Arsewipe too. Selfish son of a bleep. I can well imagine your protectiveness, and rightly so!

I'm going out right now to work with Strider before the sun incinerates us.
If you don't hear from me, look for the two cinder spots in the round pen!!!!
Jayne