Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Little TOO Much!

So if you recall from yesterday's post, I said that we'd go out and just do a BIT of work with the new chainsaw.... well... really, we did a little too much!! Jess and I dragged all the already cut trees and branches to the back brush pile, where Shawn had the chainsaw and was cutting them into a reasonable size to be thrown up and into the pile.

You might ask why we didn't cut them down where they were and then move them... well, because I didn't want to move MORE pieces... they weren't that bad to move... Jess moved most of the bigger ones for me.

When all the big ones were dragged off, then I hooked up the JD cart to the mower and we picked up all the little stuff, so when I mow next it'll be clear of sticks. Shawn worked very hard with the new chainsaw... which kicks BUTT by the way!! He seems to think its pretty awesome and made short work of making the big pieces small enough to toss in the pile!

Now that doesn't sound like too much work, particularly, unless you also take into account all the friggen walking we'd already done that day through the mazes. I mean, we WALKED and WALKED... Many miles.... we walked much longer than that day at the provincial park, even!!

So needless to say, today, we're wiped... Shawn and I managed to move the dog run this morning, to make room for the tree removal guy to come in when his schedule allows. (We had a huge wind storm on Friday and many people had trees down, so he has some emergency work to do before he gets to us... which is ok, we're just happy none of our trees came down on their own! I was getting worried, lemme tell ya!)

We also made a trip to Home Depot today to pick up a few small items. By the time we were there for a few minutes, I told Jess and Shawn to finish up, I had to go sit down in the car. We're all sore today and not very ambitious. After HD, we stopped at the chip wagon in Dunrobin and got lunch, then came home and Shawn and I went to lay down... we slept for over 2 hours!

Soon, I'll have to figure out something for dinner... might be a night where we just heat frozen dinners or open a can of something. I need to go shopping, but was too tired to do that today... maybe tomorrow.

Tomorrow the guy the septic guy recommended to look at making our water softener discharge somewhere other than into our septic is coming to see what the best solution for that is.

Tuesday, I'm taking the car up the road to the mechanic to have the timing belt and water*something* (I can't remember now!?) replaced. Honda recommends having it done at 100,000 km, so it is due... and I decided that perhaps it should be done before I make the big trip back to Kitchener next weekend. I dont want to be that poor person at the side of the road, broken down!!

So we didn't get as much done this weekend as we hoped, but I think that's always true... and really, it'll still be there, waiting for us! Funny how that works! :)

2 comments:

K¥£€ said...

Hey everyone,

Whew! Sounds like you guys had one hell of a busy weekend! Between the maze and the trees, I guess you guys had more then a fair share of work that got done. Well, its always better after its done, its just DOING the work that sucks. Well, I start at my new job tomorrow, so I'll be sure to call and let little miss muffet know how it was.

Take care, See ya all in a few days!

Kyle

Anonymous said...

It was remarkably busy... none of us are in good enough shape for this!!!

I heard about your new job... that sounds really neat and is very exciting!! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!! Take care :)