Friday, August 3, 2007

Scorching!

Enough with the heat and humidity. Its becoming a real downer!! There was some lightning last night in the distance, over the hills, but nothing came of it.

Yesterday I was extremely lazy and did almost nothing all day. I slept on the couch (where it was the coolest) for about 3 hours in the afternoon. I was just exhausted from all the heat and all the busy earlier in the week.

Its was over 40 C with the humidex, so I did not make supper... we drove to Carleton Place and went to the Eating Place... Shawn and I both had a rib steak which was surprisingly yummy! Jess had a cold sub, which she enjoyed. This weekend in Carleton Place is the big Riverside Jam, with the Roadhammers and George Canyon (and others) and it was already busier last night than usual.

It was a funny mix of people in the Eating Place... the regulars... which are an interesting group on their own... and then a bunch of young people that are camping for the concert. It was very busy and the waitress was running around and being her usual efficient self! So it was like dinner and a show.

We'll be staying out of Carleton Place this weekend... to avoid all the craziness... I had orignally thought it might be fun to go, but then ticket prices were kinda high (like $50 / person / day) and its been so hot... I dont think it would be THAT much fun :)

This weekend we have a few projects planned... I bought new lights for the mudroom... so it wont have to be so dang dark in there!! A couple hooks need installing here and there... we have fixtures for the outside lights that could be installed (weather permitting) and I have a shower curtain rod to install in the laundry / bathroom up high to hang clothes on when they come out of the dryer. Just odds and ends like that.

If time and weather permits, we'll likely go hack away at some more grass... Shawn made huge strides the other night with the weed whacker and got lots done again. I went over most of it with the mower... some areas look like they are ready to be raked and baled!

Its nice to clear away the long grass and see what's under there... so what parts will be usable... fence-able. Plus I'm sure it helps to clear some of the "critters" back away from where I want to be, which suits me fine! There's LOTS of places around here for them... they dont need to be real close by.

I'm expecting the guest bed to be delivered anytime, that'll be nice to get that set up and ready, just in case! I still haven't found curtains to go over the min blinds... but I'll keep working at it. I also have white roman blinds that exactly fit that window, if I cant find anything else. They wont darken it THAT much, but it'll help a bit, I imagine.

The dogs are pretty quiet these days, in the heat... they sometimes seem to forget its hot out... get all rammed up to go outside (woohoo!) and then step out and go "Oh... yuck"... they were being a bit crazy last night before bed in the house... wrestling and playing. They've settled in remarkably well here... its amazing. I really wasn't sure how they'd do this time.

And now, I'll likely jinx it... but we've been here a month and NO ONE has vomited!! That's remarkable in its own right, lemme tell ya! The last vomit threat was the end of our trip here, when I had to give pepto bismol... nothing since.

Oh the things that make me happy!! Good grief! :)

3 comments:

TRAFN8R said...

Hey!
Lack of Vomit is a happy thing!!
I want to go to the EATING PLACE right now!!

Yesterday the weather was absolutely destestable. It was the same this morning, but somehow, miraculously, we have a breeze blowing that makes it tolerable outside. Not for doing anything of course, but for existing, or lying with one's dogs in the shade :)

THings are coming along nicely eh Lisa. HOME!!!!!!
Let me know if you get that THunderstorm and rain before we do!!! My lawn is no good for hay... too dry!
Jayne

TRAFN8R said...

Well, maybe not the Eating Place right after talking about vomit, but
soon there after. As soon as all the visuals fade :)

Shawn Vincent said...

Mmmmm. Eating place.

http://www.restaurantica.com/restaurants/6695/

They have the best coconut cream pie. Mmmmm. And their turkey dinner - delicious.

It's my favorite restaurant ever. :-)