Monday, August 27, 2007

We All Survived

Twas a BIG weekend... and I'm still attempting to recover! I successfully dropped Jess off at university yesterday... we had a short and only mildly teary goodbye... there were people all around watching us cry.... we both LOVE that!!

The university drop off was quite a bit different than any of us expected (Jess, Kyle or myself). Being a smaller residence, they were not very busy, but still had a large crew awaiting new arrivals. In less than 10 minutes, they had emptied my van and taken everything up to her room... well including my SWEET CORN!! I had to get that brought back down :) Its MINE and you cant have it! Nyah nyah ;)

I guess I had expected much waiting in lines and then carrying stuff upstairs and generally just hanging out. But they were done quickly... then they asked that I move my van, in case another arrival came... and I asked where I could park it for a while... and then I was told they were discouraging parents from sticking around. So I went up to Jess's room, had a VERY quick look around and told her I'd better get going. Then we went outside, had our short goodbye and off I went.

I really felt like I'd just dumped her there... its just impossible to do anything without mother guilt apparently! I only made one stop on the way home in Port Hope and made it home in about 4.5 hours. I was exhausted and I headed almost immediately for bed where I slept for a good 2 hours.

We heard from Jess last night and she sounded like she was doing ok, then I was able to relax a bit.

Shawn and I had a delicious supper of Herrle's corn and tenderloin steaks and mostly just sat around all evening, web surfing and watching tv. It has cooled down here again... yesterday was lovely... today seems pretty good so far too. The hills are really clear, so I know its not humid :)

This morning, we slept in a whole bunch... then now we're waiting for the tree guy to come and cut down the dead tree and trim the other branches. I imagine he'll be here soon. I'm glad Shawn took the day off, then we could both sleep in today... which we both really needed :)

I had a lovely weekend visiting with my parents, my aunt and my sister and her family! Thanks for putting me up for the night Mom and Dad :) It was nice to go "home" again... That HOME word sure is confusing these days! :) We ate lots of delicious food on Saturday.. it was awesome! Thanks for a great weekend!

That's it for now... just wanted to let everyone know we survived!

2 comments:

K¥£€ said...

Lisa,

Glad you got home Okay, I did my best to make sure your daughter was well situated before I left, and she seemed okay. Apparently air planes fly off Toronto island which is close, and that fly to and from Ottawa, so that will make it easier for travel to and from toronto.

Take care!

Kyle

Anonymous said...

Kyle,
I'm sure you did a great job helping her get settled! I knew I'd left her in good hands :)

I'll have to look into the flights off the island... they might be charter flights, which usually mean $$$$$... but maybe I'll get lucky :)