Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mower Maintenance... Jess Update...

Yesterday I went and picked up the maintenance supplies from the JD dealer to change the oil etc on the lawn tractor. Last night, Shawn helped me change the oil, put on the new filter, load the grease gun and grease the fittings. It took us longer than was reasonable, but we got it done. :) Next time will go much faster I'm sure... I won't have to go search for something to catch the oil in and stuff like that... that makes the process seem like it'll never end!

Bottom line, the mower is ready to go again and hack back some of the wild... maybe later today once the dew dries up, I'll start cutting again.

We heard from Jess last night (as I posted to her blog) and she sounds like she's doing ok... she's been very busy and still hasn't entirely unpacked. Her roommate moved in and Jess says she seems nice. This part of university (orientation week) seems a little bit more like a summer camp than school, but I'm sure that'll change soon enough, once classes start and there's actual work to be done.

As I posted, Jess's internet seems to be down... some issue with Rogers... hopefully it will be resolved quickly. So don't panic if she doesn't reply to emails etc for a while... she's just not able to check them. If you're in need of reaching her for some reason, you can either call her cell or leave a msg with me (via email, phone) and I will make sure she gets it.

Tonight, Shrek 3 is playing at the Carp drive in. They are calling for rain later, so we'll see... I dont think I want to bother if its raining... I mean you can sit in the car and all, but then the wipers will have to be going to see... and we really enjoyed sitting out last time... we'll have to see what the weather is doing after dinner and then decide.

No comments: