Friday, August 17, 2007

Where On Earth Did This Week GO??

I mean, its been a short week and all, since Shawn took Monday off, but jeepers! its Friday already!! In some ways, its seemed really long... like during all the hours Jess and I spent shopping this week! Ugh. There was clothes shopping... school supply shopping... household item shopping (plates, cutlery, that sort of thing). Apparently we still have grocery shopping, to buy pantry type items that don't need refrigeration and toiletry shopping... and oh yeah, cleaning supply shopping!! Is there no end?? :)

Last night, we "pulled a Daddy" and went nuts with the hand saw out around some of the outbuildings. We didn't drag away all the trees and branches yet, maybe this weekend. Though, after our little cutting expedition like possessed people, my husband has requested a chainsaw, if you can imagine! Apparently hand sawing is not that much fun... who knew? :)

I think tonight we're off to Carleton Place for dinner at the Eating Place. Its been a whole week since we've been there and I'm tired of cooking!! (Not just cooking, but deciding what to eat, shopping for it... preparing it... cleaning up from it, etc etc etc!) It'll be a nice end to the week.

Not sure what's up for the weekend, but it may well involve shopping for a chainsaw and then hacking the downed trees and limbs into manageable pieces... perhaps some more weed whacking.

Its Jessica's last weekend at home and I told her if there's stuff she wants to do, to let us know and we'll do it... I haven't heard anything yet, so who knows what might happen yet!!

2 comments:

K¥£€ said...

Wow, last weekend until move-in :)

So I'm not sure if Jess has told you our plans for the move-in weekend, so I'll just let ya know here.

So I guess Saturday, she will be coming to the stag and doe with me ( which you saved my butt at , by the way) and then staying her Saturday night, then Sunday we all head to Toronto, move her in, and then I guess shes going out to dinner with her housemates, and she had said you were going to head home, so Im going to stay with my Grandma that night, then head over there the next day so ehr and I can find her classes, and we'll do lunch or whatever, and then we are going to meet up with my Grandma for dinner somewhere, Grandma is very excited to meet Jess as she has heard so much about her. Later on that night, I'll hightail it back to Kitchener.

Well, take care, enjoy the last week :)

Kyle

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome to me... I figure once she's moved in there's no point in me sticking around... I'll just be embarrassing and uncool, I'm sure!!