Sunday, November 18, 2007

Update... New Pics...

I posted some new goat pics... some of these even have some of Shawn and I in them!! I do look really scary and I apologize to our more sensitive readers, but its been chilly here in Dunrobin and I've been cold!!

To enhance my look, we went to TSC yesterday and bought insulated coveralls... we each got a pair. Shawn had a hard time getting ones to fit, most of the bigger name ones had really short sleeves! He finally found a cheaper brand that fit reasonably well. They probably wont wear as well or be as warm, but he doesn't need quite the same level of heat that I do. His are a respectable blue colour.

Mine... well, they are warm. They are made by Dickies, which I LOVE having a tag on my boob that says so and they are ugly... that nasty baby poo brown colour (light brown and kinda orangey).... ever so attractive... NOT. But they are friggen warm... I put them on to go out and feed this morning and it wasn't quite as chilly as it has been and they were almost too warm. They are also very heavy and a bit hard to move in... I really feel like a kid bundled up in a snowsuit when I wear them!! Oh the fashion sacrifice, just to be toasty!! ;)

Yesterday we did a bunch of clean up work around the yard... loaded up all the rolls of fencing (one at a time) into the lawn tractor's trailer and hauled it over to another part of the yard, where it'll be out of the way once the snow flies. We put away the patio furniture that hadn't been used in a while... into the red shed for winter storage.

We also ran an extension cord from the red shed into the white shed to power my feed room light... I didn't bring out a power bar with me, so its still not switched, but now at least it works by just plugging it in. I used it last night when we fed and locked up the goats and WOW is it ever nice to have a real light in there. There's only a 60 W bulb in there now and it could take a 100 W if I thought I needed it brighter yet!

We also went up to Galetta yesterday (about halfway between here and Arnprior) and watched the horse sale for a little while. We did not plan to buy anything... and did not buy anything :) Its not quite as bad as the Tuesday sales at Kitchener, but not near as good as Carson's sale in Listowel.

Prices were low... lots of quarter horses broke to ride went through and sold for around $300 - $500. A couple donkeys went through also... they ranged from $25 (!!!) for an older donkey, that wasn't halter broke with horrible nasty feet to about $130 for a nice little donkey that was halter broke and about 2 years old. I was a bit tempted by that donkey, but sat on my hands and it was all over in a few minutes.

Then we went to TSC, as I mentioned before... then it was about 4:30 pm and I was starving so we went to Steve and Denni's (if you remember we went there this summer after the Arnprior fair when we were scorching hot and ate salads!) and had dinner... we were there so early we actually beat all the old people...there was about 5 or 6 groups of older people that arrived right around 5pm.

I had a hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes, veggies, salad and tomato macaroni soup. Shawn had baked lasagna with a dinner roll, salad and soup... we both had cokes and dessert was included... red jello (my choice) or rice pudding (Shawn's choice)... the total bill was $25.19! We love diners... good food... and cheap! :)

We came home... fed the dogs... fed the goats and then just hung around watching tv on dvd and doing some laundry.

Shawn has tomorrow off... yet another vacation day.... I think today we're going to do some electrical work... maybe replace the kitchen and dining room lights (we already bought the same fixtures as are in the mudroom and bathroom/laundry room). We may change these fixture out eventually when and if the kitchen gets redone, but for now, it'll mean more light in the kitchen... and we can get rid of that horrible broken fixture in the dining room. Baby steps.

We're also hoping to do some outside electrical.. replace the fixtures by the front and back doors... remove the friggen motion detectors that have a warped sense of humour and think its funny to randomly plunge us into darkness when we're moving a whole bunch right in front of them!! I'll be happy to just be able to turn a light ON with a switch and have it STAY on until I turn it off... oh the things that make me happy!!

I'm hoping that we'll also have some time and energy to put up some outside Christmas lights... we don't really know where to put them yet... our front trees are all way to big to really do a nice job on them... and its hard to attach them to the house... we're looking for easy and safe... nothing that requires a tall ladder or monkey like climbing on the roof!! I'll have to go out again and look and think about what would look ok.

So, if you're planning to try to reach me today... it might be tricky to get me on the home phone (it doesn't work if we've turned off the power!) but I'll have my cell in my pocket as usual, if anyone needs to reach us.

Ok, time to get to work!!

No comments: