Wednesday, November 28, 2007

And Not So Usual... (post #2 for today!)

Talked to Mom and got the fondant recipe... need to get some ingredients to try it. Thanks Mom!!

Went out to muck out my goats... they were nutty... to the point I was getting annoyed with them. They spilled the muck bucket TWICE... both water buckets...sent my almost full bale of straw that was piled nice and neatly a flying... general pains in the butt!! It was cold... a bit windy... kinda unpleasant dealing with the goaty shenanigans.. it's really rare they are this irritating!!

When I was just about done, I was going to just dump the muck bucket and go inside, but then I decided to go sit in their shelter in the pile of fresh straw I put in. I was kinda tired and getting a bit cold, but I thought what the heck. So I go in and make myself comfy... it really is remarkably warm in there!!!

Of course my two little brats come inside and nibble me and climb on me... but that's fine... its enjoyable enough.. I like hanging out with them. The nibbling and climbing goes on for quite a while... Bert was especially social with me today... he's way less in your face than Ernie and is often a little more skittish than Ernie.

After a while, I'm no longer fun and Ernie has lost interest.. he munches some of the fresh straw and then lays down near my feet and starts chewing his cud. Bert is still really interested and is standing in my lap (no wonder my thighs have little bruises on them all the time!!) and he's schnuzzling me and mouthing. He starts to lose interest... Ernie gets back up and moves closer and lays down right beside me in the straw... right along my leg.

Bert then goes around the other side of Ernie and lays down between Ernie and the shelter wall... and they are both quite content to lay there with me and chew cud. Ernie tucks his head under my leg and under Bert's head and dozes off.

It was wonderful... we must have sat there like that for at least half an hour. I did take my camera out and take a few pics, I'll post them in a minute... they aren't great, it's hard to take shots like that, but it was so neat that they are so comfortable with me to just lay down and snuggle in the shelter.

Finally, my butt cheeks were falling asleep and I had to get up.... I was all the way out of the shelter before they got up... they came out and ate some hay while I dumped the muck bucket using my new sled (which is super awesome, by the way!!) and then hollered at me as I headed back in the house.

I love my little goats... even after they were little shits making a mess of all the tools and stuff. They really ARE just like human kids.... one minute they are driving you crazy and the next minute they give you an unexpected hug or kiss and all is right with the world again.

No comments: