Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Kijiji Strikes Again!!

I am so addicted to kijiji... sometimes you only see junk... but sometimes you get a really neat deal!

Obviously we got all our page wire fencing from someone on kijiji... a couple weeks back I also got an awesome nativity scene, its made of olive wood and has a "made in Bethlehem" sticker on the back. (Imagine its a thing over there, making stuff like that to sell to tourists... but still its awesome!)

Tonight after supper we drove all the way to Renfrew (about an hour away... north... or west.. or whatever direction they refer to that as!! Towards North Bay!) and we bought a Singer treadle sewing machine!! And it still works apparently... we haven't tried it out yet. Shawn looked up the serial number online and it was made in Quebec in 1936.

It's very pretty and really neat. When I saw it on kijiji, I immediately thought I should get it for Shawn for Christmas. Then I emailed the seller and it took her until supper time tonight to get back to me (I guess she works all day?) and wondered if we could pick it up tonight and if not, she had 4 other people that also wanted it. So I obviously couldn't make it a surprise, so I showed Shawn the pic online and askedh im if he was interested and he said he was... so off we went.

The best part? It was $50. $50... yes.

Kijiji is awesome!! :)

No comments: