Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hello My Old Friend...

My old friend "Speedy Internet" that is!!

Last night we finally gave up on Bell's wimax unplugged service. It was just getting unbearable... sometimes working, sometimes not... but if it ever DID work... twas so slow. It worked better in the summer for some reason.

I checked on their website and apparently its not even a supported technology at our address... so its surprising it worked at all. Shawn and I phoned Bell to cancel it (it was in his name) and after quite some time, some stress and some craziness we succeeded in canceling it. We immediately had no internet access.

Then we decided to call Rogers... I know, I know, I swore I wouldn't, but there is no other reasonable option here... after talking to 2 agents, we finally got an "appointment" for installation today... between 8am and 8pm. Lovely.

Anyhow, they arrived just before 1pm... they didn't call first like I requested, but I was just cleaning up the goat pen, so it wasn't a big deal. It took them a while to make it go... the buried cable that crosses the lawn was not working, so they ran a new cable out to the big pole at the side of the road.

Now I have a very long coax cable running through the grass and across the driveway to the house. Apparently they sub contract out the burial work and they will show up... sometime... is their best guess. Hopefully before the ground freezes... or that'll be a big crappy poo poo thing this winter!!

So now we have internet again... and man is it speedy!! I can hardly believe it!! I'm happy again... I don't have to wait 15 - 20 minutes for each email to load! Yay :)

No comments: