Thursday, October 11, 2007

Surprised, Shocked & A Bit Horrified

I forgot to mention the Ontario election results.... I am personally rather surprised, shocked and a bit horrified to find out that the majority of the people living in Ontario that chose to vote, think Dalton McGuinty is doing a good enough job to have another majority government.

I am pleased to see the referendum results though, that people voted against the new MMP system... or maybe they actually voted for the current system... either way, I'm glad the new MMP system won't be happening. On the surface, it seemed to have many pros... but after reading and thinking about it more, there were a bunch of things that seemed kinda creepy to me. Or at least had big potential to be creepy.

Obviously, we voted last night... was a bit of an adventure, being as we weren't on the voter's list in this district. I had attempted to fix that by calling Elections Ontario weeks ago, but they told me it was easier to do it on voting day... yeah easier for that person on the phone right then!!

Not surprising in our riding, the conservative candidate was re elected.... after reading the interviews with each candidate in the local paper, he seemed to be the lesser of the evils... who knows though? I know the liberal candidate in this riding really creeped me out... young, female lawyer with ideas that mostly seemed to benefit the urban dwellers in the riding.... don't people know that Canadian politicians HAVE to be old guys that look like they are about to die??? Its a Canadian tradition ;)

Oh well... it never seems to matter who you vote for... in the end, they are all creepy and do bad things... lie, cheat, steal... another Canadian political tradition!

1 comment:

TRAFN8R said...

I voted for the Green Party this year. I really liked the local candidate and I'm sick and tired of parties that slam the others rather than talk about what they CAN do. Obviously, as a teacher I'm not going to vote The NEW Conservative Party(read Alliance) and their religious school funding, since I'm finding the public system misusing/ misdirecting/the funding they already have. I was pleased to see that the Green Party did better than it ever has. It shows that there is no such thing as a wasteful vote. Our local Conservative incumbant returned but was gracious/intelligent enough to see that the Green Party was a force to be watched in the upcoming years.
I only vote so I am entitled to bitch :)