Monday, October 1, 2007

The Goats

Yesterday we went and met our new goat babies... they are adorable! The pics are up! We put down a deposit on them and should be picking them up sometime in October, once they are weaned and eating grain well. I don't imagine it will take too long.

We have officially named them Ernie and Bert... funny story... Shawn and I have been kickign around names and I came up with Ernie and Bert... it was kinda our top choice.... I phoned back to my parents house last evening and talked to Mom, Jess, my sister Tricia and Dad... and Dad wondered if we had picked names yet... I told him no, because we hadn't really decided yet and he said he had an idea for names... Ernie and Bert!!

At first I thought there must be some sort of conspiracy going on behind my back involving Shawn and Dad, but it turns out that both Dad and I thought of the same names independently of each other!! How weird, eh?

So Ernie and Bert it is! I figure with a big coincidence like that, its meant to be!

Along the same lines, I think a cute name for a donkey would be Grover ;)

That's the goat update for now... I'll certainly post when I know they are coming home! Should be an adventure!! Wheeeeee :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa and Shawn
Thanx 4 the gross pix!! we enjoyed them.

Are u sure u want to name the donkey Grover?

I thought 4 sure you would call it EEYORE!!!!!

Love from Pamela & Bobbi

K¥£€ said...

I gotta agree, eeyore is pretty much the donkey name.

Enjoy the goats :)

Kyle

Anonymous said...

haha... yep, Eeyore is just so predictable... I was trying to avoid that ;) But who knows... maybe at the last minute I'll go back to the predictable :)