Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thanks For Visiting!!

Mom is home now, she left yesterday morning and arrived home safe and sound. We had a really nice visit and I was sad to see her go. We went to a flea market one day... Ikea on Monday... Tuesday we went to an antique store in Stittsville and we ate lots of yummy food!!

Every evening, we all played a couple games of Scrabble... Shawn was particularly ON and won quite a few... Mom and I also managed to win a couple, but not near as many as Shawn, it seems!

Tuesday night we had some rain... then some sunshine and we saw another beautiful rainbow... we never see them except when Mom is here, apparently!! It was actually a full rainbow... plus there was part of a second one. I'm offloading my camera's pics now and I'll have them up in a while.

It was chilly much of the time Mom was here... right before she came, we had all that heat and humidity and even *gasp* a smog day!! But she brought the cooler weather with her... I even had to close the windows!! We didn't turn on the furnace, but it was getting borderline ;) Mom managed to make do by borrowing a sweater/jacket... next time bring your warm clothes... this ain't southern Ontario, ya know!! ;)

Thanks Mom for coming and spending time with me... it was really nice to have someone to chat with, do stuff with and just hang out with again!!

Yesterday, after Mom left, I didn't do much of anything... I talked to Jess on the phone for a while in the afternoon. I think she's finally starting to get a bit home sick.... we discussed Thanksgiving and her feeling right now is that she'd really like to come home to Ottawa that weekend... I'll talk to her more though... we still have a couple weeks to figure it all out.

Last night was the community association meeting at the old town hall. Shawn and I decided it might be entertaining to go... and it was. There were not many people there... mostly board members and just a couple others and us... maybe 15 total? Maybe that's a generous estimation?

It was interesting to hear some of the issues that they are going to get involved in... and the ones they are not. It was entertaining enough that we may attend another one... we'll see. They did have a guest speaker regarding the upcoming election and the referendum that will happen at that time where voters have to decide whether the current electoral system works or whether they want to change to a system recommended by some committee blah blah blah.

The guy that spoke was part of this committee and Shawn and I both really disliked him and the way he SAID he was just going to present the facts, the pros and cons of the new system, but in fact, really delivered his opinion and really tried to avoid expressing the cons of the new proposed system.

I'm still on the fence about whether I'll vote yes or no on the referendum... I have to think more on it... perhaps do a bit more reading. It's remarkably how little that is being advertised and how little education is being provided about it... I dont really understand how it can be legit to ask people to vote on something that they know nothing about... but then again, isn't that what voting is generally about? People (myself included) rarely know THAT much about the different candidates and parties and yet still vote... so maybe that's just how it works, who knows?

Blah... anyhow... going to upload pics!!

No comments: