Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Always Something Funny Around Here... Part 2

We woke up this morning and the day started like pretty much every other day. The sun was shining in my eyes through the little cord holes in the blinds... I was tired and a bit cranky... Shawn was tired, but not cranky!

I opened the blinds next to my side of the bed and opened the window a bit. It was a bit hazy over the long grass and I commented to Shawn that it was pretty. We both opened the blinds that face out the back of the property, Shawn opened the blinds and window over the hot tub so I didn't have to vault up there and do it myself.

I stood there, looking out the window for a minute and then *blink blink* what do I see? *blink blink* and them I say "Umm...." and Shawn looks out the window and confirms I'm not just seeing things. There were 2 horses (a chestnut [brown] and a black) and 3 sheep (2 that were mostly white and one that had black on it) in the field next to our house! They were *just* on the other side of the fence, but near the dog enclosure.

We stood there and watched the "mixed herd" for a few minutes... the brown horse was clearly the leader and the 3 sheep followed it all around very closely... the black one bringing up the rear and lollygagging behind a bit. They seemed to be on a mission as they moved back along the fenceline like they had a purpose. They lingered a while in the swampy area back there and by that time I was dressed and out the door.

I hollered at them and they started moving on again... then it was time to take out the idiots, I mean DOGS and they went bananarama barking and carrying on in the enclosure. The horses and sheep moved off a bit more, following our back fence line and heading what *I* would call south (so its likely wrong! maybe east? who knows?)

It wasn't long and they had moved out of sight. There didn't seem to be anyone looking for them, so we really hope they found their way home. I'm pretty sure I hadn't seen those horses before... they were a good size, maybe draft crosses and seemed to be having a pretty good time exploring... but they mostly just walked, there was no running, bucking or farting.

So we have no idea where they came from... but it seems there's always something weird going on around here.... like DAILY!!

I told Shawn we really need to figure out how to build fence fast... we could've built fencing right around that little mixed herd and called 'em ours.. .but then of course, I would've been sad that I didn't save some of that hay, now wouldn't I?! :)

It's always something. I'm grateful that it was at least entertaining and that they weren't hit on the road or anything.

1 comment:

K¥£€ said...

Haha

A great follow up to its comical predecessor.

You could always go across the road and theal THEIR hay?

Hahaha.

Take care!