Sunday, January 6, 2008

Solitude, new logo and pictures

So this weekend I've been here at FHH alone looking after the goat babies and dog "babies" and myself (also a baby). Jessica's going back to school (sniff) and so Lisa drove her and Kyle back to Toronto and Kitchener. While she's there, Lisa's going to see her family and her sister's awesome new goat herd. Should be fun.

It's been pretty fun here. I never realized *quite* how much work it was to look after those goats. They get pretty wild and pushy :-) Very cute. After being out with them for an hour or so, I'm ready for a nap.

There was a light snow shortly after Lisa left, and none since, so you can see all of my tracks I've made outside, to and from the house, to the furnace exhaust pipes (to check them, so we don't have another incident), to and from the feed room and goat shelter. :-) It's actually kindof funny to see.

Lisa's coming home soon-ish (I expect half past 3 or so, depending on traffic).

Because I had a bunch of free time, Four Horse Haven has a new logo (the old one was too... sedate somehow). The new one's more dynamic. Once we finalize a logo, I hope to do some things like get a farm sign and mailbox with the logo painted on it. This one's not bad.

I uploaded a bunch of new pictures: of our Parliament Tour, the giant goose migration we saw, some aftermath of the big snow (and obligatory goat photos), and some additions to the Christmas album.

And now my camera is empty again, and I can start taking photos again. :-)

[Lisa comes home early :-) - by nearly a whole hour]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the new logo..It is very cool!!
Jim

Shawn Vincent said...

:-) I think it turned out ok. Now we just need to use it more places...