Thursday, January 10, 2008

News

Lisa has gone back to Kitchener for a few days: her mother is in the hospital.

I'm here looking after the household while she's gone.

Shades of Exalt again -- working from home is just like I remembered it. Better food, more animals, fuzzy boundary between work and home life. There are definite advantages to this lifestyle. The food is the big one. :-) I also get more heads-down programming done.

I telecommute: I can connect to my computer at work -- it's just like I'm there except a bit slower. I phone in for meetings (which is great when lots of people get talking :-). It's working out ok.

This evening just before it got dark, I went out and did some repair work on the goat fence: the tarps we had tied to it to keep the wind off of the goats acted as a sail. Once the ice holding the bottom of the fence melted, the insane wind we had last night blew part of the fence down. Luckily, the goats were not hurt, nor did they escape. We removed the tarps and righted the fence. It was mostly unscathed. However, I went out with some wire and repaired a few places where the edge of the fence was starting to wear and might provide an escape route one day.

Goat Snugglin'
Then I went into the shelter with the goats and sat with them a while. They were bad and bitey for a few minutes, but then they settled down and laid down to snuggle. I was out there for 45 minutes: it was kindof nice: Bert fell asleep, or at least snored while awake. I got a couple of pictures...

I've eaten pretty good today: leftover Shake'n'Bake chicken (first you take the Shake'n'Bake, then you put it in the oven), endless snacks, and now I'm heating up a precooked turkey breast. It smells delicious. :-) I may not be much of a cook, but I sure love to eat!

Tonight I don't think I'll do much. It's been a long couple of days, I think veg'ing on the couch is the Best Thing

Ah -- the dog's food is ready and they're going nuts. :-) I'll cut this short.

No comments: