Sunday, January 13, 2008

Big Day(s)

Well, yesterday was a big day.

I took the Christmas tree down (unstrung the lights and disassembled the tree back into its box, then put everything away). That's a big enough job, although I was greatly helped by the fact that Lisa had already removed all of the decorations, which is a huge job.

I did my normal daytime chores: ate delicious sandwiches, fed the goats their lunch (they were being very cute: rearing up and charging each other -- I tried and failed to get video of it.)

Shirt Progress
I set up my sewing table where the tree used to be, and got a fair ways through the construction of my first collared shirt (out of cheap broadcloth). Pictures available. I didn't get the sleeves or collar done, just the body. Currently it's got some sort of Hercules outfit thing going on, so I think it needs sleeves and buttons. I'm sure everybody will agree with that. :-)

The fit is not bad, although it could be: longer, and have a larger neck. Next time I make the pattern I'll make some adjustments. I think I may end up needing a second mock shirt before I make one out of real fabric.

Sometime in the middle of shirt making, it was goat, dog and man feeding time. I ate chinese food -- it was delicious. :-)

At around 7 or so, I got bored of that, so I started watching Deep Impact, the movie -- I could have sworn I'd watched it before, but I don't really remember it at all. Go figure. I made popcorn for it.

Part way through the movie, my mother phoned, and I talked to her for an hour or so, then I put the goats to bed, and then Lisa phoned, and we chatted for a while, and then it was time for bed. :-)

Today looks big enough: the Hay Guy is coming at 11:am, and I need to clean the feed room/shed out first. Yesterday I cleaned up tarps that were leftover from our tarp removal frenzy a couple days ago, which should make this cleanup quite a bit quicker.

The weather says 'snow' today, so I hope that it doesn't happen while all the stuff is out. :-) There's not too much stuff that could get wrecked, but there is some. We'll have to see how it goes.

Fun stuff. ;-)

2 comments:

TRAFN8R said...

Hey there Shawn,
Are you coping ok without Lisa?? I mean I know you can look after the house, the animals and feeding everyone, but are you overly lonely??? Can I do anything to help??? You need only ask.
I cannot believe you are making a collared shirt for your first project. Don't folks usually start with a handkerchief?????? :)
Looks like you are doing VERY well sirrah!
Jayne

Shawn Vincent said...

:-) All's well here, but thanks for the offer. I've got lots to do, and lots of cute animals around. :-)

I've made a few things before, although I'll admit that a collared shirt is probably the hardest thing I've done yet. I started putting the sleeves on it tonight -- once they're on for real, I'll take another picture.