Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Shirt's all done!

Shirt Progress
I finished my shirt. Well, to be honest, I still haven't hemmed the bottom or finished the inside seams, but you can't see that stuff anyway. :-)

The last thing was the buttons. I love making buttonholes, I hate handstitching buttons. My sewing machine manual claims that the machine (the modern one, not the old treadle), can machine sew buttons. I'm going to look into that for the next shirt.

It turned out pretty good -- lots of little things wrong with it (like my topstitching is terrible: next shirt I'm matching thread color!), but I'm really pleased with the way it turned out overall.

It seems to fit pretty good too. Tight across the shoulders if I lunge forward, but I tend not to lunge too much day to day, so that's ok. :-)

I'm really pleased with the pattern and the shirt. I'll make another for sure.

Now the only question: will I wear it to work and open myself up to public humiliation? :-) Perhaps.

I love successes like that.

On another topic, I went back to work today for the first time since Lisa left. I went in a bit late, and left a bit early, and the household survived without me for a few hours. :-) Work was fun enough (how fun can work be anyway?), and I got a bunch done.

Not bad for one day: a full day's work and a shirt!

No comments: