Tuesday, January 15, 2008

More Big Days

It's been a bit now, so I can't remember everything -- but here goes.

Hay Delivery
On Sunday, I moved everything out of the feedroom (the grain bin is heavy!) so that Ted the Hay Guy could come and deliver our hay and straw. He came with 46 bales and I helped him unload it. So it was only like 23 bales I had to move, but man was it hard work. :-) My shoulders are still sore, 2 days later!

Shirt Progress
I worked on my shirt a whole bunch more: it now has sleeves, cuffs, and a neckband (no collar yet). I was wrong about the neck being too small: the seams get trimmed as part of construction, and so it gets bigger. I think the pattern's a pretty good size, although I still might try to make the next one longer in the body. I think tonight I'll probably try to put the collar on, and then it's just endless buttons and then I'm done (maybe some seam finishing inside).

Goat Trauma
I made the grave error of giving the goat babies a pine branch in the shelter while I was in there with them. It was kindof scary -- they were a little rammed up, and thrashing the stick around, and jumping here and there. :-)

[Alarm went off -- need to go and feed the goat babies this morning...]

All done that. :-)

I got some pictures of the goat trauma, which is kindof fun. Unfortunately, the light from the camera make them even crazier. :-) All in all, it was easily worth it. Big fun.

Today I'm going back to work -- so I've got to worry all morning, and make sure I haven't forgotten anything. :-) Luckily I gave myself lots of time, and made a list of everything I needed to do, and now I've got about an hour before I've got to leave.

Big days all around!

Now I've just got to sit with Pixie for a while while I wait to go.

No comments: