Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yet Another Shed Update

We're still busily working away on the shed. I got all the painting done that can be done... there will be more once more construction happens. I spent about 5 hours on Monday, 6 on Tuesday and another almost 3 hours today painting it.

Tonight we also started putting up the metal roofing. We bought a roll of roofing felt the other day and we are putting it between the OSB sheeting and the metal roofing. We got about half the roof done before we ran out of daylight. It goes up remarkably fast, WAY faster than shingles!!

Shawn cuts about 15 feet of roofing felt and then passes it up to me... I take the staple gun and fasten it down before it can blow away... then I trim the top edge of the roofing felt... then Shawn passes one end of the metal sheeting up to me and I pull and he pushes until its in place. Once its in about the right place then I start screwing it down with roofing screws that have neoprene washers on them. I put in about 4 rows of 4 screws per sheet and then we do it again. Its awesome :)

Hopefully tomorrow night we'll get the roof mostly finished up... there will be some fiddly stuff at the end, but nothing major and it can be done from the ladder which is nice.

Tomorrow is a big appointment day... Shawn and I are getting our eyes tested in the morning... then later in the day I have a dentist appointment, just for a cleaning and check up. Rogers cable is also supposed to drop by at some point to figure out why no one has been around to bury our cable. I've been bugging them for quite some time now and just getting the run around. Love that.

The Carp Fair is on this weekend... not sure if we'll go... will likely depend on the weather and what needs to be done on the shed. So far, they are saying rain for the weekend, but they've said that before and we've had nice days... can't trust the forecast... especially not this many days in advance.

I think that's it for now.
--L

No comments: