Friday, September 26, 2008

Oliver's Weight Update & Shed Roof

Our scale still isn't working... I haven't even gone looking for a new battery yet. I keep forgetting. Anyhow, I took Ollie to the vet today to get weighed for his October heart worm pill. I only had enough for the Sept 1 dose, since we knew by Oct 1 he'd be close to needing a bigger pill.

He's almost 6 months old now (we figure he was born the first week of April- ish) and he was 49.9 lbs. So its likely that by next Wednesday he'll gain another .1 lb and be ready for the bigger dose.

I looked back in my files to compare weights... Pixie at about 8 months (when we got her) was about 60 lbs.

I happen to have a copy of Buddy's paperwork from when he was neutered (from the Humane Society) and when he was neutered, he was 70 lbs. From the little bit of info we can piece together, we're pretty sure that Buddy was 8 - 10 months old when he was neutered.

Not that this gives us any real idea of how big he'll be when he's full grown, but I thought it was interesting anyhow. I imagine he'll be about Buddy's size when all is said and done. He's already taller than Pixie and is getting close to being as tall as Buddy.

Over the last two evenings, Shawn and I have put up the metal roofing on the goat shed. It's not quite done, we have to finish securing the edges and final details like that. Perhaps that will get done tonight, before the rain this weekend. Hope so!!

We've been taking Oliver out with us while working on the shed... he kept me company while painting earlier this week and then also hung out while we roofed. He's quite happy to be tied out near us while we work and chews sticks and chases bugs and stuff. He was a bit freaked out the first night I was on the roof. He was scared of me when I talked to him from up there, but he got over it. Oh the weird things we do.

I had a dentist appointment yesterday, for a cleaning and checkup and it went well... I do have to get my 2 fillings replaced very soon.. both of the teeth have stress fractures in them and I don't really want to wait and let them break. I have 2 appointments to get the fillings replaced in October, after Thanksgiving, so they just have to hold together until then.

Not much else new around here... working on the shed every evening doesn't leave us lots of time for fun or excitement... just the way we like it :)
--L

No comments: