Monday, July 30, 2007

The Weekend In Review

First off, I have to apologize for this post. Most of the content is taken from an email I wrote to my parents. (Hi Hank & Toots!) It was a good review of our weekend and I'm really too lazy to rework it much. There IS some new content at the end.

The timeline is also all whacked and out of order and written in the order it came to me last night :)

Sunday, we went up the road and around the corner to a horse boarding facility that had an open house today. Its a gorgeous facility... their outbuildings (2 barns + arena) are even nicer than OUR outbuildings! haha... yeah... about a gazillion times nicer!! We're not really looking for boarding, but they also had all their building suppliers onsite advertising fencing and that sort of thing... kinda fun to see and hear about.

We worked really hard all weekend... replaced the light fixtures in the laundry room (which we had to do before the sink gets plumbed so the ladder would still fit... its very bright in there now... went from a total of 75 watts in those 2 old fixtures to.... 360 watts!! Its nice to have a bright laundry room though... you know, where you're dealing with dirt and stuff :) We also cut the plywood piece to sit under the laundry room sink, its not fastened down yet... but maybe tomorrow night.

We moved some stuff out to the red shed and brought some stuff in from the red shed... 3 of the shelf units we carried down to the basement to use for rubbermaid box storage, when I finally get around to bringing stuff home from the storage unit.

We installed a light in the kitchen over my sink so I have a chance of SEEING while doing dishes now... its a big improvement!!

We brought in another shelf unit into the mudroom and I organized all the tools onto that unit... brought in the big red toolbox on wheels and set it up in the mudroom too with the smaller red toolbox on top.

Yesterday we went outside for a while and looked around more outbuildings a bit... I took the lawn tractor to go out to some of the farther ones... you know, just to be safe :) I was careful not to get trapped in any buildings with creepy things this time!!!

Of course, we had to make a a couple trips to Home Depot to get supplies for our projects... plumbing stuff... light fixtures etc etc. *whew*

We did ok for eating too... Saturday around noon we went to a place called Cora's for brunch... they serve breakfast and lunch and their big thing is crepes. Shawn and I both had ham and swiss and asparagus crepes... jess had a bacon and cheddar crepe... they were awesome... they also have non crepe foods... for those that don't DO crepes :)

Saturday supper was at the Eating Place... Shawn and I had turkey dinner... mashed potatoes, real pieces of turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry and corn... Jess had grilled cheese sandwich and tomato macaroni soup... very yummy!!

Sunday lunch was just eating stuff around here... nothing real good, I had a can of soup.. that sort of thing. For supper we had bbq tenderloin steaks, bbq'd potatoes and green beans (just frozen).

Sunday night, Jess was hungry for soft serve ice cream AGAIN so it was off to Dairy Queen for her fix!

** New Monday morning content starts***...
We still haven't heard anything about getting the dog across the street, though they are making all sorts of moving efforts... they have a huge pile of garbage at the side of the road this morning. The dog has been making unhappy noises all weekend while they've been doing moving stuff. She's been tied up in the yard, crying and barking... it bothers us to hear her unhappy... but I'm not going over to talk to him about her again... whatever will be, will be and I'm not going to push the issue. If he shows up with her, fine... if not... fine... just hope she ends up somewhere ok.

All the improvements we made to the mudroom this weekend look really nice... Shawn and I both admired them on our way out this morning... its nice when you work hard and then appreciate the changes after too... makes the work worthwhile :)

Things I want to work on this week....
-- wipe out linen closet shelves and put in linens
-- clean out kitchen base cabinets, put in new shelf liner and put kitchen stuff down there
-- finish cleaning up the mudroom
-- bring home some stuff from the storage unit and put it away
-- start cleaning up the living room which is also related to cleaning up the nursery/storage room upstairs
-- pick up the queen sized sheets I want for Kyle's (guest) room
-- finish plumbing bathroom / laundry room sink
-- search for curtains for Kyle's (guest) room
-- plus all the usual things like laundry... groceries... blah blah blah
Looks like a busy week ahead! :)

Its taken me a few weeks of living here to actually get ready to start putting stuff away.... generally, when we move, I have a pretty good idea of where things will go before we get there... this time that just didn't happen and I didn't want to try to force it to happen before I was ready... that usually just means you have to move the stuff more times.

This time I took a different tactic and put the things away where I was pretty sure they'd go, then just make piles in each room of somewhat related stuff. Now that we've been here about a month, things are starting to make sense in my head and I can cope with thinking about where stuff should go. I wonder how much of needing this time to sort it out had to do with being exhausted from all the house selling / house buying / living in a different city / general moving stress?!

With a big list of things I want to work on this week... I guess I should get at it!!

No comments: