Saturday, October 18, 2008

New Pics Posted!

I posted new pics to the FHH album... I added to the goat shed album and I made a new one with some pics of Ernie and Bert eating thistles.

We got all 10 windows/shutters hung today and they turned out pretty well, I think. I still have some trim painting to do, I didn't get it all done this week, it takes a while for all that fiddly stuff. I'm hoping I get work on it tomorrow for a while... maybe while Shawn works on starting to make doors for the shed.

It was quite a cool day today with a good stiff wind... it was quite nice to get the windows and shutters up to help break the wind while we worked on the rest! Its nice inside the shed, I'm really happy with how its turning out! There are imperfections and maybe a couple things I would do differently if I was doing another, but mostly its been pretty smooth so far.

Its supposed to be -3C tonight, so I'm glad progress is happening on the shed, we're gonna need to put those goats in it soon!! Though they have a good layer of straw and unacceptable hay in their little shack that they snuggle into, so they have it ok, really. It will be a nice treat for US though when they get moved... doing anything inside their shack with them is a pain now that they are bigger. Its only 4 feet tall which was good last year when they were tiny... left lots of room for us. I'm pretty sure this year that Shawn and I and 2 goats could not all sit in there without someone shedding blood or something! We've not tried it though ;)

Oliver is all back to normal after his surgery.... everything is healing up wonderfully and I've started letting him wrestle with Pixie in the yard again. He's been getting pretty ansty and is very happy to let off some steam!

Not much else new around here... just been darn chilly. Even though its been chilly, I think I will have to cut the grass again soon... once I have some time and its dry enough and all that.

--L

No comments: