Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Bit More Work Done Afterall

I posted earlier that we were a bit stalled out on the shed...true enough, except that I did finally motivate myself to go do a bit of work on it today. Its a lovely day out and I didn't want to waste it... who knows how many more there will be?!

I added a few trim pieces to the shed where I thought they were needed... nothing major, just finishing off a few bits here and there. Then I painted the triangle above the goat door blue to match everything else and painted all the trim I added and some that had been added before, the gray colour.

As of right NOW, the exterior is painted and done. This will of course change when the doors and windows get built, they will also need to be painted, but at least I'm caught up again!

I took pics of all 4 sides again and posted them... not that there's been any major change, but I'm trying to stay on top of the picture taking and posting.

I'm undecided about painting the kickboards inside the shed. They look ok now, brand new and all that, but I'm wondering if they would hold up better if I painted them and protected the wood. Goats aren't like horses that sometimes paint their own walls with their poop... its hard to paint with pellets ;) so I'm not so worried about poop stains.

I also wonder if painting them would keep the goats from chewing the wood... that's one way they are like horses.... they will chew... even a very flat surface they can scrape away with their sharp bottom teeth. Or would painting them just mean they'd be eating paint AND wood?

Definitely undecided. If anyone has any opinions about painting the inside kickboards or not, I'd love to hear them!
--L

No comments: