Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tis The Season To Forget To Blog...

Fa la la la la blah blah blah!

As usual, we've been busy... the weather has been cold and we got more snow yesterday/last night. Must've have been about 4 inches ish. Enough that my plan for today is to go out and try using the snowblower. I already went and filled up the gas can (it was empty from all the grass cutting!) and now I'm just waiting for the wind to die back a bit.

Our snow removal guy was here last night and did his usual good job, so that's not needing to be done (even though there is some nice drifting in the driveway with the wind!). Its all the OTHER parts... the path out to the goats... the path to the manure pile.... under the tarped building where I park the van.

I'm very tired of trudging through mid calf to knee deep snow! It's exhausting and its taking a real toll on my knees and hips. So assuming I can get it started (we haven't started it since June) I'll work away at that today.

I went to the feed store yesterday and picked up 2 bags of grain for the goats, another bag of stall dry and 2 bags of pickled sand. The snow clogs the eaves over the back door, then if it melts at all, drips down on the concrete steps and freezes... figured it was time to put something down so we wouldn't die going out the back door!

Our fake tree is up, but not decorated... Shawn helped me put it up last weekend. It came pre covered with white mini lights and I'm thinking I might add some coloured lights to it this year, if I get time, I missed those last year.

We're, of course, gearing up for our company this weekend and are very excited. We're still reminding the powers that be of our request for NICE CLEAR WEATHER on Saturday... so far, the forecast looks ok. *crosses as many body parts as possible*.

I opened up Jessica's room and the guest room yesterday... they were mighty chilly and really cooled off the whole upstairs.... I'm hoping the temps will equalize a bit and then be bearable with portable heaters while our company is here. It's a little like camping here at my house!

Over the last few days we've got all our Christmas cards and packages mailed off... a little later than we like to, but sometimes these things just happen!

The dogs are doing fine... enjoying the snow... the goats are fine too, growing a bunch and hating the weather! I haven't spent as much time with my goat babies lately as I'd like... been too busy getting stuff done.

Shawn is off on Friday, so he can help me get the last minute stuff done around here... like vacuuming and grocery shopping. I'm looking forward to his help! :)

I'm still waiting on a bunch of package deliveries in order to finish my Christmas shopping... luckily, I have everything that's necessary for this weekend and then there's still a whole week and bit after that for stuff to arrive, so I'm not panicked...yet ;)

I'm quite certain I'm forgetting stuff again... but that's about all I can think of right now, so I better bundle up and get ready to start snowblowing... hope that works out ok!

1 comment:

aj said...

are coping as best as possible with lots of wintery conditions,Lisa. And it sounds like you are in good shape for the weekend! I know you will be getting some very excited folks. I'll cross my fingers, too, for the weather to hold, right through until the 20th. Thanks for making the time to blog. I enjoy them.
Love, aj