Sunday, December 30, 2007

Birthdays, Anniversaries & New Semi Formal Clothes!

Yesterday was our 5th wedding anniversary and the day started out great... I got to sleep in! Shawn got up and fed the dogs and the goats and I slept til almost 11am!! Jess and Kyle were awake before ME! That was a real treat!

We ate lunch out at Baton Rouge and I had yummy prime rib for lunch! Jess had her avocado sandwich she likes and Shawn had a giant chicken caesar salad and Kyle had a giant chicken tenders salad. Was a nice treat.

Jess bought herself a new digital camera with some of the money she got for Christmas. Her cell phone camera works, but has some storage issues that were getting to be annoying. She tried it out last night and it seems to take nice pics. I think she posted some of the test pics to her album, for anyone interested.

We also went to see "Enchanted" at the theater, the kids saw a different movie, "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" that we were not interested in seeing. "Enchanted" was a fun movie and we both enjoyed it. I highly recommend it to anyone that likes light, fluffy and a bit sappy entertainment.

We had shake n bake chicken for dinner, Jess had sushi... twas yummy.

On Friday, we all braved Bayshore Mall and had lunch at the mall at the Thai place. We had to really fight to get seats, it was so busy! Then Jess and Kyle went off to look at stuff and Shawn and I started dress shopping. Poor Shawn having to go dress shopping on his birthday! But apparently he didn't mind and having him outside the dressing room was a huge help to me... getting into "girl" clothes can be quite a challenge with mile long zippers and hooks in the back!!

I think I tried on 20 - 25 different dresses in 2 stores. In the end, there were a couple that were absolutely hideous... a bunch that would've done if there'd been nothing else and two outfits that we liked.

We ended up choosing a matching black velvet skirt and top that when you put them together, really look like a one piece garment. The skirt is long, almost ankle length, very straight and has an unusual hemline. The hemline itself is straight, but the velvet part is cut jagged (I suck at descriptions!!) and between the jagged pieces are a black nylon type material that is see through. It looks much nicer than my description!!

The top is also black velvet and has long sleeves and what I would call a "boat" neck. It could probably be worn on or off the shoulder, but I only tried it on, so I'm not positive.

So its a way less revealing outfit than I feared I'd have to wear... it goes almost to my wrists, down to my ankles and only my neck and a small amount of chest are revealed. I also bought a matching black velvet cape to wear over it, instead of a coat. (I didn't want to spend the $$ to buy a dressy coat for only one occasion!)

The best part of the outfit was the price! The top and skirt were both marked at $80 each, which I thought was *enough* but certainly not horrible. Then we got to the cash register and each piece was on sale for $40... then I also realized I had a $25 gift certificate from that stores reward program, so I used that. When all was said and done the skirt and top were under $70 total!! We went to the other store to buy the cape and it was only $40, so I really lucked out!

I was really happy though with the experience, we were all done in less than 2 hours!! I can hardly believe that.

The goat babies will be 6 months old on New Years day and they are doing really well again. Ernie's owie is pretty much all healed.. he's eating well again and they are both being their crazy selves. They are getting really close to being able to get up on top of the shelter without help... close, but not quite. We've been helping them up there when we go out and they run around and do crazy goat dances on top and try to push each other off. Big goat fun. I think they are enjoying the milder weather a whole bunch... I put some of the hay they waste into a pile in their yard area and we often see them laying outside in the pile of unacceptable hay, just chewing cud and enjoying being outside.

The dogs are enjoying having the kids here for extra attention, even if it means there is no room on the couch for dogs! :) Poor pups having to give up their seats for *humans*! :)

As always, I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but that's all I can think of for now!

No comments: