Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Quick Update

Busy as always around FHH. Jess is working hard at her summer job. Her boyfriend Simon has been here visiting for that last week or so. Shawn's busy at work and around the house. I'm always busy, between goats, dogs, grocery shopping, making meals and cleaning up from meals... nevermind the outside projects I'm trying to get done.

Oliver is growing like a bad weed. He lost his two front top teeth the other day and the new adult teeth are already through and growing! I posted a pic to the FHH album that was taken about a week ago... I should take a few more, he's changed since then!

We start puppy class on Sunday... Sunday just the people attend, not the puppies, but every week after that the puppies go... for a total of 6 weeks. His training is coming along... if he's motivated (FOOD!!) he's happy to come, sit, lie down, sit up and beg, shake a paw and wait (a short and temp version of stay) on command. We've not really made the transition to doing these things reliably without food yet, but it'll come. We're working on roll over, but he so far thinks that's stupid :) He's also really solid on running into his crate when I have food and say "Ollie in your box".

He walks decently on a leash, doesn't really heel, but we've not really been working on that particularly. I'm just happy if he'll walk along without any pulling or dragging behind or winging around in circles around me... those things don't happen very often any more, so its progress, to me.

I bring him out to the goat pen at least once a day, usually more, for leash training and to learn to stand tied outside the goat pen. He doesn't tie quietly, but he sniffs around and stuff and generally doesn't get too upset, so that's ok by me. He likes to sniff the goats through the fence and they will sometimes come and sniff him and then he licks their noses, which they hate. But he's not freaked out by them anymore... once he gets bigger, I'll start bringing him in with me... but he's still too small, they'd beat the crap outta him at this point!!

Anyhow, just a short update... all is well here... tired of rain... tired of humidity... HAPPY my air conditioning got fixed a couple weeks ago... makes life bearable!! :)

No comments: