Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another Couple Days And It'll Be ALL GONE!

The snow is just about gone here... another day or two of this warm weather should do it. I expect by the end of the week it'll be all gone, as its supposed to be quite warm this week.

I put up a couple pics in the FHH album showing the tiny bits of snow we have left, as well as a few I took a couple days ago.

There's still quite a bit of standing water around, but we are noticing even that is starting to go away a bit. Quite exciting.

Not too much to report around here... I've been busy, but not doing anything interesting. I did manage to flip the old goat shelter yesterday... both halves... the back half was easy, the front half was still pretty frozen into the ground and required a big shove. Lots of the bedding was still frozen solid inside, but after a little while in the sun I was able to clean almost all of it up and pile it in my temporary manure pile. I have a bit more cleaning to do there, but nothing major... I need to pull up the stall mat that was under all that bedding, it should be unfrozen and easier to move today... I couldn't quite get it yesterday.

The goats are enjoying the warmth and sunshine and like to lay flat out and sunbathe for hours on end. They are feeling good these days and are wild men when we go into feed and visit... lots of jumping and carrying on! Silly goats.

There's several pairs of Canadian geese hanging around in the field next to the yard... sometimes they come into our yard and if I'm not paying attention when I let the dogs out, the dogs chase them and have great fun. I try not to let this happen though, because I'm a little worried that the geese will hurt my dogs, but so far, so good.

For the first time in months, we smelled a skunk last night. It was very strong when we went out around 11pm and I suddenly worried that perhaps my goats had tangled with it somehow. But after shining the big flashlight around and making lots of noise, I went to feed and check them and they were not any stinkier than normal :) Thank goodness!!!!

No comments: