... And I don't just mean the residents of FHH :)
We've been busy... Jess had her wisdom teeth out on Monday and is recovering, slowly and painfully. She's not too swollen (though she might have a different opinion on this!) and we've not seen any bruising yet. She's still in a fair bit of pain though... she did well Monday and Tuesday, was eating soft foods, but by Tuesday night, the trauma had all caught up with her and so did the pain. She's sleeping lots, I have to wake her to take her pain pills and antibiotics and she's not eating as well as she was, but enough to get by for now.
Oliver is doing well, I swear he grows everyday! Last weekend he weighed 21.4 lbs, another solid 2 lb a week gain... and I'm sure he'll do the same when we weigh him this weekend. I posted some new pics, of Oliver, Buddy, Pixie, Ernie, Bert and the peonies that are blooming out the front.
It's a challenge getting all the normal things done AND looking after Olly AND looking after Jess, but it should get better day by day. Oliver has been sleeping through the night, which is helpful and after another day or so, so should Jess.
We've had quite a bit of rain over the last few days... enough that I have to move my goat pens to the front of the property again, where its slightly higher ground. The back part is pretty squishy and even some parts of the front aren't great. I moved one pen yesterday and today I'll move the other.
I use the lawn tractor and cart to move the fence panels (when they are going a long way, when its a short distance we just carry them). I lay them over the cart and steady them while I drive slowly. I can take 4 at a time, so its only 2 trips, not bad. I also wanted to come up with a way to move the shelters easier, we normally "roll" the cubes when we move them, as they are awkward to carry. But the idea of rolling them 100's of feet, up a bit of a hill wasn't really appealing to me. After I mentioned it to Jess, she came up with a brilliant plan, even while on percocet!
Last time we moved the rubber stall mats, I attached C clamps to them, then ran a rope through and tied it onto the hitch of the lawn tractor. She suggested I do the same thing, but then just roll the shelter onto the mat. Yesterday I tried it and it worked wonderfully! What a brilliant girl :)
Anyhow, that's about all going on here... I should run and get something done while both Jess and Oliver are asleep! :)