Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Kijiji Scavenger Run

Tonight right after work we're going on a "scavenger" run for some free pallets / skids. I posted on kijiji wanting some and I had a couple replies. This was the first one and its not far away, just the other side of Carp.

Assuming they are in as good a shape as I've been told, we plan to use them for the floor of the goat ghetto with a rubber stall mat over top. Apparently, this is a popular flooring for goat shelters. Hopefully the pallets will be in good shape and big enough... if not, I'm sure we'll find something else to do with them. Pallets seem like the sort of thing we should have a pile of around here.

I also have a lead on an old dead free freezer thanks to kijiji, hopefully we can pick that up tomorrow night, but I'm still awaiting confirmation... if not tomorrow night, then maybe this weekend. The old dead freezer is for storing feed in.. keeps the mice out... I have a couple plastic garbage cans I am currently using, but sometimes I like to buy TWO bags of feed at the feed store (like when I was heading out of town and stuff) and I don't have any good place to put extra bags. We'll make room for it in the feed building.

Today is kind of an ugly miserable day... it snowed a bit late last night and then the rain started. Everything is gross and slushy and my goats are very displeased about the rain... it forces them inside. The dogs don't like it either and when they go outside, they are torn being enjoying the warmer temps and getting soaked to the bone!

That's it for now...
-- L

No comments: